In reviewing literature on financial success, there are specific habits people have that make them financially successful than others. Here are some of the habits and patterns noted:
1. Successful people surround themselves with positive people. They spend their time with people who have a similar motivation and a can-do attitude. They enjoy making things happen.
2. Successful people have purpose and direction. They have goals and act with purpose. They align their daily actions with their goals.
3. Successful people look for opportunities and possibilities. Some people may say they are ‘lucky’ but these people create their own luck. They move out of their comfort zones and don’t keep themselves stuck in situations.
4. Successful people can adapt easily and are flexible. They are not limited by fear, worry and self-doubt. They grow and change over time and are open to varying view points. They respond productively as they seek knowledge and experience.
5. Financially successful people are not afraid of rejection or the word ‘no’. They listen and believe in their own inner guidance system to guide them. They can withstand the opinions of others. Mistakes are not seen as failures but as stepping stones to success. They learn from mistakes and are not discouraged.
6. Successful people do what it takes and are not afraid of tasks that are difficult or challenging. They are not procrastinators.
7. Successful people manage their time efficiently. They set their priorities and pursue them. They have a plan, track their progress and take time to reflect and review their projects.
8. Successfully financial people understand budgets, saving, investing, interest rates, expenses, debts etc., and can manage their money. They understand that if they want bigger things in life that they have to do something different in order to bring in other streams of income. Financially successful people invest in their future. They have a good understanding about the keys to financial success.
9. Successfully financial people are careful when making decisions. They take the time to do their research, pay attention to current trends, seek the advice and input of financial advisers and other professionals who specialize in certain areas.
10. Successfully financial people are focused on their own goals and financial abilities. They do not compare themselves to others and focus on keeping up with others. Their focus is on the possible ways to increase their income that match their goals. They do not waste their time focusing on what they don’t have. They do not have limiting beliefs. Rather, they think about ‘possibilities’ and look for financial opportunities.